Monday, September 21, 2015

Growing a Farmer "Bees Lesson"

In the next chapter, Kurt Timmermeister goes on and talks about the importance of bees on his farm. In the beginning of the chapter, Kurt describes his struggles to obtain a container of bees that were shipped by his supplier. When transporting the bees from a different state, the bees undergo severe weather and temperature problems and thus do not survive the journey. The first year of beekeeping was unsuccessful for Kurt. As the second year comes around, Kurt is still unsuccessful and does not fully understand how to care for the bees. However, as time progresses, Kurt does not give up and continues to learn about the bees so that he can understand the way they function and live.

From this passage, I think Kurt was not only describing his issues with bees but was also teaching the readers. This chapter shows that although we may not succeed at first, we should never give up on what we are doing. We should always remain focused on our goals. There will always be obstacles and roadblocks that will come in our way. It is up to the person to overcome these difficulties in order to achieve success in the end. Kurt even failed a second time and still was determined to master beekeeping. I admire Kurt for not giving up and always following his willingness to succeed.

3 comments:

  1. Meanwhile I can't even get myself to the gym at least once a week. I, too, wish I have his determination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both our books have something in common. We are talking about things that we usually never think about but when we read these books we realize that corn and bees have a huge impact on our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kevin,

    It's awesome that you were able to take away the lesson of determination and strength of will, from Kurt's obstacles in this chapter. I too believe that with determination you could overcome any obstacle in your way.

    ReplyDelete